Monday, May 18, 2015

new books

I ordered some books that I hoped would arrive in time to take down to Kapiti Coast Quilt Show at Southwards last weekend but , of course, they arrived that Monday after. Oh well - these things happen.
 Adventures in Fabric is a very different book as it features more novelty type items. I found it very interesting and there were several designs I thought I would like to try - a large size star cushion (more like an ottoman) was one.
 First Steps to Free Motion Quilting - a lovely book with lots of information to guide you along the path to free motion quilting.
Make It Modern Quilts - a small leaflet style book with some lovely quilt designs in it.
 Making Quilts with Kathy Doughty - lovely designs and ideas in this book, fresh style.
 Modern One Block Quilts - this has some lovely modern style quilts. Lots of interesting designs and loads of quilting in the negative spaces
New Ideas for Fusing Fabrics - I've had this book in before and I love it. If you are interested in mixed media style and using soldering irons and heat guns then why not check out this book. Loads of ideas and samples to tempt you.
 Playful Petals is a lovely book with some fresh ideas for using the petal shape. Love the quilt on the front cover. Good info on how to applique using a variety of stitches.
 Textile Art - I've had this book before and thought it was very good for giving you lots of ideas for anything related to textiles - painting, stamping, dyeing, bleaching, scrunching, texturing etc etc. Lots of colour photos and how to instructions.
The Natural World - Another one I've had in before. This one is more a coffee table style book with lots of quilt photos for inspiration and enjoyment.
If any of these appeal, let me know.
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment