Saturday, May 11, 2013

Die Cut Shapes

I recently purchased an Accuquilt Go Baby die cutting machine. These are fun because they cut accurate shapes in seconds. No fiddly cutting with scissors. I have cut oak and maple leaves as well as flowers and stems. By cutting carefully you can use the 'waste' fabric.
Here are some pieces left after cutting -
A maple leaf was cut from this piece, obviously.
And these ones are petals, or they could be leaves. I cannot bear to throw out anything I think may be useful. So yesterday I started playing around with the 'waste pieces and created this piece.

The oak leaf squares were already prefused so I placed them over a piece of multi dye fabric in a 4 patch design. I then sewed green strips along the sides and top and bottom of this central piece. Along the top and bottom I fused 2 strips that I had cut circles from. Then it was just quilting the piece. I think it looks really good for something made from the pieces you might throw out, don't you?
Why not call in and see me - I can demo the cutter and advise you on prices. I sell the Go Baby and all the dies, so ask me for the 'special deal'. I also have prefused precut shapes and 'waste' pieces for sale.
Here is another piece I have started -
I had cut out 2 maple leaves from this piece of fabrics. I fused it to the multi dye background and now will sew borders and then quilt.
Here are some of the oak leaves cut and ready to fuse -

I used these on my shop hop quilt for this year. Check out the next blog for pictures of that.
Call in and see me and all the samples
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment