Sunday, October 23, 2011

Merchant at QuiltFest & New Fabrics

I have just had a lovely day at the QuiltFest put on by Town and Country Quilters in Levin. Lovely exhibition of quilts and 8 merchants, of which I was one. Thank you to all who visited and purchased items from my stand. It is really fun meeting everyone at these shows and seeing what you have been doing, especially when it is from one of my classes.
I have had a couple of new fabrics in which have been very popular. The Harvest range featured a couple of blogs ago has sold and, come in and sold out again. It is such a lovely rich fabric range.
There is a new childrens fabric featuring building and construction which had a beautiful border and a book panel, which can also be used as squares for a quilt. Bright and cheerful colours and a lovely little story that goes with it. Here is the border print NZ$27.50 per metre. I have sold out of the book panel at present.
Then there is Phat Cat Jazz fabrics -
A fabric which features musical cats - this fabric has 10 different cat blocks in a panel which is NZ$17.30 (or is sold by the metre NZ$27.50pm). There are several fabrics which go with this panel range.
This is the hot pink background with music over it.
This one has multi coloured dots allover and is great to mix as a border.
And this one is lime green with little paw prints allover.
Here is the quilt I made using the free pattern that came with the fabric, although I did alter their centre strip and put my own version through the centre and along the sides.

Check out these fabrics and much more in store.
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment