Sunday, September 4, 2011

A lot of things going on

I am always amazed at how fast the months disappear, but with sooo many things going on it is no surprise. The Shop Hop has just finished after being extended by a week because of the snow earlier in the month which held up some participants. It was a wonderful event and we had over 100 people calling in to collect their blocks. Many travelled together and made it a fun weekend out.
I had 26 people making my quilt and I was so surprised at how long it took to cut out and package these blocks. Thanks to my friends Alison and Wendy I got it done in time.
Then my local club Rose City Quilters had Mariya Waters to visit and be our guest speaker at club night. She was very interesting and her miniature quilts were exquisite. Those who attend her machine quilting class and decorative threads class all seemed to enjoy them and are now waiting for Mariya's next visit when she will be teaching her famous applique method using the Floriani Stitch n Wash Fusible, which I stock in store for only $6.10 per metre.
Now I have to find time to get my class list for this term done.
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment