Sunday, December 5, 2010

Thread Painting

Since I am online today and have a few spare minutes I decided to show you an upcoming class project. I have been asked to teach a class in Thread Painting so I thought I would start with something small and easy for students to follow and have made this small piece using a wonderful Art Nouveau fabric. By featuring the beautiful lady with her flowing gown in the centre of a toning fabric I have accentuated the colours. I did toss up whether to put her on plain blue or black but decided this fabric suited better. Then I have stitched (free motion on my Bernina 440) the gown. I chose 3 colours and followed the movement of the gown to emphasise it. Hope you like this. There are 3 more ladies on the fabric and I am stitching all of them in a similar manner. I will show them once all are finished.
And here is a close up of the fabric before stitching.

And after stitching, see the extra detail
I hope you enjoyed seeing these items. I'd love to hear what you think of them so please post a comment.
Dianne

No comments:

Post a Comment